Federal and State Agency Research Misconduct PoliciesHome » Compliance » Research Integrity Office (RIO) » Federal and State Agency Research Misconduct Policies
On December 6, 2000, the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) published the Federal Research Misconduct Policy which required all federal agencies or departments supporting intramural or extramural research to implement within one year either through policies or regulations. The following is a list of the OSTP and other federal agency research misconduct policies or regulations.
- White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Federal Policy
- Federal Research Misconduct Officials
- Department of Education
- Department of Transportation
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Environmental Protection Agency
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Science Foundation
State and Other Extramural Sponsor Policies
Other extramural sponsors, such as state agencies and private and corporate foundations, have developed their own research integrity/misconduct statements and/or policies or have deferred to other agency policies. For information on a specific extramural sponsor, contact the Assistant to the Research Integrity Officer.