Nappi Longevity InstituteHome » Centers & Institutes » Nappi Longevity Institute
- Competitive funding program for Upstate faculty.
- Clinical trial ready database of consented patients with MCI, Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias across SUNY’s four medical universities (under development).
- Access to a network of patients, caregivers and providers trained in and available to support patient centered outcomes, and community based participatory research.
- Research development services including grant coordination and writing.
- Clearinghouse for interdisciplinary research partners and potential funding sources.
- Opportunities to present promising research projects to potential donors.
Education & Networking
- Grand Rounds and Clinical Case Reviews (including ECHO).
- Research retreats and networking opportunities.
The Institute seeks to support promising studies, from basic science to clinical and translational research that are aligned with its mission and have the potential to significantly advance scientific discovery nationally.
Examples include, but are not limited to the following:
- Mechanisms underlying brain health, Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias (genetic, molecular, environmental, developmental, and dietary factors).
- Advances in early diagnosis, treatment and cure of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.
- Novel interventions to prevent, delay and improve the management of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.
- Mechanisms of superior cognitive performance for chronological age.
Starting in the Spring of 2021 we will start our new seminar series focusing on research issues in Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias and neurodegenerative diseases. We will be inviting innovative and nationally recognized researchers and scientists to share their work and meet with faculty and graduate students.
This is an inaugural event of the Nappi Longevity Institute and we are very excited to launch this series. Please stay tuned for more updates!