Pre-Award ServicesHome » Sponsored Programs » Pre-Award Services
The Office for Sponsored Programs (OSP) supports the Upstate community in their pursuit of research. OSP is the key point of contact for faculty in the area of sponsored research and other sponsored programs.
The Pre-Award office provides timely, high-quality, and coordinated research administrative services to Upstate faculty and departments, including the following:
- Review, endorse, and submit proposals for sponsored research, training, and public service projects
- Review, negotiate, and accept a broad array of grants, contracts, and subcontracts that support sponsored projects
- Advise and assist Upstate faculty and department administrators in interpreting award terms and conditions and resolving problems that may develop prior to accepting the award.
- Assist and advise on budget development (indirects, fringe benefits and allowable costs)
- Review and interpret Sponsor guidelines, University policies and Federal regulations related to grant submission