Application PreparationHome » Sponsored Programs » Pre-Award Services » Application Preparation
The pre-award staff recommends that you locate and review all application guidelines prior to drafting documents for submission. Most sponsors have very specific requirements for how all documents must be presented within a application. Typically each request for proposal indicates the specific instructions and formats that must be adhered to as part of the application. If you are unsure of any information listed in the application guidelines, please contact the pre-awards office.
After you are comfortable with the guidelines, please contact Jennifer Rudes to inform on your intention to submit the application.
- Subrecipient Form
- Develop an "Internal" or "Working" budget that indicates all potential cost elements. Most sponsors require the use of specific budget forms; an internal budget spreadsheet will allow you to estimate the project budget before the budget is entered into the application.
- Make sure all costs are appropriate to the program.
- Forward draft budget to Jennifer Rudes for review.
Collaborating with another Institution
If you are collaborating with another institution, the following materials must be obtained from the collaborating institution:
- Letter of Commitment from an institutional representative who can bind the collaborating institution.
- Scope of Work - with sufficient detail or deliverables to be measured. This document must be specific only to the work the collaborator intends to complete.
- Federally Negotiated Rate Agreement and statement of current fringe benefit costs.
At least five (5) business days prior to the stated sponsor deadline, a full copy of the proposed application must be provided to Jennifer Rudes.
NIH Application Preparation Assistance
- NIH Grant Writing Tips
- NCI Grant Application and Review Process
- NCI Quick Guide for Grant Applications