The Clinical Trials Office at SUNY Upstate Medical University was established to serve as a resource to investigators, research coordinators and research volunteers, in their participation of clinical trials.
Our goal is to make the clinical trials process more efficient, while helping to grow the research program here at SUNY Upstate Medical University. Participating in clinical trials is one way that we can offer our patients treatment alternatives, and ensure SUNY Upstate remains on the cutting edge for treatment of serious health conditions.
The current Covid-19 Policy for Clinical Trial Site Monitors as of 2/8/2022:
- Clinical Trial Site Monitors are not classified as vendors, therefore the COVID vendor policies do not apply to them.
- You must enter monitors through Passage Point. Each site monitor must have an approved appointment in Passage Point.
CRAs: to access completed forms, click on the link below (Site Monitor Responses) and choose the responses tab at the top. Once you click on the responses tab you will see an option to open up the responses in an Excel spreadsheet. If anyone has any questions or needs additional assistance with this, please feel free to contact Amy Green. Site Monitor Responses
We encourage you to spread the following guidelines to each site monitor:
- If you feel sick, do NOT visit any Upstate University office ambulatory, acute care or senior living facility
- Keep your distance from people who are sick (6 feet or more)
- If you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 (fever, cough, or difficulty breathing), AND have had contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 OR traveled to a location which has widespread COVID-19, please contact your employer and your medical provider immediately
- IF you have necessity to come in close proximity of patients known to have or are in a ‘rule out’ status, you MUST follow precautions indicated and direction of clinical staff
Please understand that these are the current policies/guidelines and they are subject to change given the ever-changing COVID environment. We will keep everyone posted as we are able.
What is a clinical trial?
Who Should Sign Up?
Who Benefits from Clinical trials?
Meet a Researcher
CRA Appreciation Day 2023
This year, the Clinical Trials Office took a day to recognize all the hard work our clinical trials professionals do every day to make scientific research happen.